The Very Inspiring Blogger Award
I was very honoured to receive not one, but two nominations for this award, from awesome paranormal romance author Lindsay J. Pryor and comical blogger/romantic fiction author Incy Black, who has recently signed with Entangled Publishing. Lindsay has nominated me for this blog, and Incy has nominated me for the Rambling Writer blog, so I’ll post this entry on both.
A few simple rules apply to this award as follows:
The Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate other bloggers (the number seems to vary) for this award and link to them.
So, seven random facts about me:
- My parents told me to be sensible about my education when I was growing up, so I gained a GNVQ in Business and Finance – and subsequently spent most of my life working in customer service.
- I hate working in customer service and intend to succeed as a writer, so I never have to go back there.
- I lived and worked in Bermuda for six months and almost became a very well paid Executive Assistant for a well-known law firm.
- I recently went back to work full time (in customer service) after having my daughter, then five months later wondered what the hell I was doing, so quit the job to concentrate on looking after her and building my writing career.
- And the fun stuff.. I have a very embarrassing video of me starring as Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz school play, which despite my attempts to ‘lose’ keeps coming back to haunt me.
- When I was in college I got thrown out of a lecture for suspected pot smoking because I couldn’t stop laughing (when in fact I used to suffer from hysterics on a regular basis, and let’s face it – everything is funnier when you’re not allowed to laugh).
- I once dated two men at the same time with the same name (although technically, one of them was having some time out, but then I married the other one).
So now I will hand over to the following bloggers, who I personally have found to be a great inspiration:
Thanks for reading 🙂